Baking is one of my most cherished hobbies. I often find myself baking unhealthy treats, which is something I’ve tried to slow down on. Instead of quitting the kitchen for good, I’ve been looking for healthier alternative recipes that aren’t full of outrageously expensive ingredients.
It’s not always easy to find these healthy recipes, but whenever I find one that’s actually delicious, I need to talk about it! The newest addition to my roster of AMAZING healthy recipes is this sweet potato brownie recipe. It’s moist, paleo, vegan, gluten-free, and deeeee-licious! This recipe uses natural sweeteners that are WAY better for you than artificial ones. What else makes it so healthy?
Naturally, Sweet And Improves Regulation of Blood Sugar
If you’re trying to cut down on sugar, the sweetness of sweet potato may fool you into believing it’s bad for your pancreas; however, sweet potatoes improve blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes, regardless of their seemingly high Glycemic Index (GI)
Anthocyanin (what makes a sweet potato orange) is full of anti-inflammatory health benefits. These benefits are found in brain and nerve tissue throughout the body
Vitamins and Minerals
Sweet potatoes are FULL of vitamins A and C (which makes them great for your immune system). They also have vitamin B6, B1, B2, and B3
Sweet potatoes are also full of manganese, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and fiber; all of which work together to keep your blood, digestion, and whole body healthy.
Did You Know
Maple syrup contains 54 antioxidants that help prevent diseases caused by free radicals such as DIABETES and CANCER? Amazing!
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup smooth nut butter of choice (I recommend almond or cashew butter)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- Handful of carob chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease a small cake/loaf pan.
- On the stove, melt nut butter with maple syrup.
- In a large bowl add the mashed sweet potato, melted nut butter and maple syrup, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
- These brownies are best when cooled completely. Store in fridge or freezer and ENJOY!
Try this recipe and let us know how it goes!
If you want to read about recipes, health news, or superfoods we haven’t covered, let us know in the comments below!
Happy Healthy Holistic Living!
Here are a few more amazing brownie recipes you have to try!